Wednesday 1 January 2014

How to Really Screw Up A Painting

So...when I last posted this painting it looked like this:
Which is totally fine and dandy, I was happy. But it's still not done.
So, the last time I worked on it, I tried to add some..."personality", I guess one would say. So I added an upturned lip, some teeth, and made the eye bigger, and unhappily it then looked like this...
And damn! I was pissed with myself. It's too cartoonish and less realistic (relatively speaking)! Since this photo though, I went away for the Christmas holiday and went back to the painting the same night I came home. It's looking better now, I backtracked a good bit. So, until the next updated evo, your going to have to look at this misstep. Enjoy! Or...not? Up to you.
Both photos copyright Jeni Fitts, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.